What People are Saying:
- Los Angeles Times: The Artisan, Yvan Valentin
The nooks and crannies on each classic French truffette are pretty perfect just the way they are. Though he has experimented over the years… for the most part, Valentin has let that craggy dark chocolate coating tell its own flavor story.
- Los Angeles Magazine, A Food Lover’s Encyclopedia
Yvan Valentin built towering croquembouche for Jane Fonda and a chocolate replica of Union Station for President Clinton. But the L.A. pastry chef’s pièce de résistance remains his truffle, an homage to the bonbons of his birthplace, France
- Los Angeles Times, Critic’s Choice
These [truffles] were ineffably light, small as marbles, a barely sweet dark chocolate ganache cloaked in a thin shell of dark chocolate and then rolled in cocoa. Classic and utterly satisfying.
- Joe’s Daily, Food & Drink Review
The greatest truffles ever!
- Chocolate Lovers – Best Truffles Award